Monday, January 10, 2011

I love Bumblebars and just found a copycat recipe


I love easy energy bars for errands and late mornings, but many of the packaged ones have TONS of soy in them.  I don't like soy.  Like my friend Stephanie said "I try to limit it since it's estrogen-based and I'm all estrogen!".  I too am full of hormones and don't need any extra ;)


BumbleBars are made in Spokane Valley, WA and they are really awesome, however they're about $2/bar or you can buy them in bulk on Amazon.com for about $1.75/ea.  


Here is the recipe I found and here are my changes:
Use honey instead of brown rice syrup and evaporated cane syrup
Use pecans and almonds instead of macadamias and cashews
Add Craisins and mini chocolate chips


Do you have a favorite copy-cat recipe?

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...not really a copy cat of anything but I love these.

    http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/2009/11/nourishing-protein-bars-a-great-whole-foods-snack.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU for the link...it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete