Thursday, July 8, 2010

FREE free FrEe



Yes, I'm talking getting stuff for free!  Around here we don't pay for garbage pickup.  It's too spendy.  Instead we bought a small trailer and The Hubbs takes it about once every 2 months.  I on the other hand am in charge of taking the recycling.  We have three separate LARGE bins; 1 for newspaper, 1 for plastics (think TONS of milk jugs) and 1 for glass and tin cans.  The milk jugs always fill up the fastest because we go through 4-5 gallons a week.  I end up going about once every month and can fit all three bins in the back of my Montero Sport.

The recycling section at our "dump" has a chemicals area and you can take anything that has been donated for FREE.  Last month I scored a 4/5 full 5-gallon bucket of latex primer.  The Hubbs is a painter, so he's using it on homes when needed.  Today I recycled everything and meandered over there and found 4 gallons of interior paint.  I got 1 gallon of Sherwin Williams (the brand The Hubbs uses) Promar 200, 2 gallons of Behr and 1 gallon of Ralph Lauren.  The colors aren't the greatest, but surely I or The Hubbs will be able to find a use for them.

Do you recycle?  What items do you find yourself recycling the most?

No comments:

Post a Comment