Monday, July 19, 2010

This week's deal



I headed to Kohl's Saturday afternoon while the babies were sleeping and went on the hunt for a bathing suit.  I wanted something modest, but that would support my bust.  Very hard to find either of those qualities, let alone together in one suit.  I tried on a dozen or so suits and didn't buy one.  I was frustrated and feeling dejected.  I ended up buying a slimming pair of shorts (the kind you would wear under a dress, I can't think of the name now) and 6 pairs of socks for Miss A for fall.  I spent an additional $10, but I'm okay with that.  Both were things I needed.

My hunt continued today after I went grocery shopping and my mother-in-law watched my kidlets.  I ran to the Union Gospel Mission and actually prayed before I went in that I would find a suit.  I browsed through stuff and really wanted to find a bike trailer, but they didn't have any.  Then I headed over to the swimsuits (they have a LARGE selection) and found a one-piece Lands End fuchsia suit that is modest and holds the girls up!  WOOT!  It was $7 and looks brand new.  I came home and washed it with my other suit and Miss A's suit on the delicate cycle and all is well.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I hate swim suit shopping (especially post-baby). I always have to buy two pieces because my torso is so long :( I actually found a tankini that fits pretty good and it covers everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have liked a tankini, but couldn't find one that fit properly. Post baby body is so sucky sometimes :/

    ReplyDelete