Monday, January 18, 2010

Gift giving

This is a sticky part for many people who hear about The Compact.  I'm already starting to think about this year's birthdays and holidays (I'm a big planner at heart).  First will be my wonderful mother-in-law, then my son's 1st bday, then my hubby's bday and the list goes on.

These are the options I've come up with so far:
Used items: DVDs, clothing, tools, CDs, books and much more
Experiential gifts: Museum membership, movie tickets, lift tickets to a mountain
Donations: made to a group/cause/etc in the gift receivers name

*Please feel free to add to any of these in your comments*

So, I'm sitting here contemplating my son's birthday.  To be honest, I don't want any new toys, and to be REALLY honest, I don't want anymore plastic toys.  It's become more and more obvious that China is trying to kill us (well at least the corporations).  Whether it be through toothpaste, lead poisoning, or the newest cadmium levels in children's toys and jewelry.  I don't want all that junk in our house.  My daughter just had her 2nd birthday around Thanksgiving and we got LOTS of toys.  Now, don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful and feel very loved.  I've gotta think about how I want to word his invitation...

No comments:

Post a Comment