Saturday, March 6, 2010

What happened this week?

First and foremost I want to show my deal of the week!!  I'm so excited for it and my daughter just adores it.  It's a Kiddi-o trike made in Germany and it retails for $180 new on Amazon.  I got it for $4.89

Secondly...
You know when you have one of those weeks that just sucks the life right outta ya?  Well, this past week has been one of those.  Everyday but Tuesday we were out and about, and it wasn't just fun stuff, it was the monotonous stuff, like taking my sewing machine to get serviced, grocery shopping, a doctor appointment, etc.  There of course were some fun things thrown in like a play date, a girl's night with my friends and my daughter started gymnastics. 

As I sit here on a Saturday night recovering from last night's little shindig with some friend's from highschool, I realize how different life is now.  I don't see them very often because we've all gone our own ways, we live with in 1.5 hours of each other, but in the past few years a lot has happened for us all.  I'm the only one with kids so far and that makes it tough for me to see them when they fly into town on a whim.  I miss them dearly and have decided to make more of an effort to see them more often.  I didn't get to bed until midnight and of course the kids woke up right at 7am.  I need at least 9 hours of sleep to function with out being a little on the cranky side.  I love my children and my life a lot.  I love what we have created, but when I see my friends once a year, I remember what it was like to be spontaneous and I miss it.

It's a fleeting thought to reminisce about how things used to be.  I mean why dwell on it?  I lived it and of course regret some things, but mostly I remember the sleepy Saturday mornings where the hubbs and I would stay in bed for hours just talking, or on a Friday night we'd have friends over to play games and drink.  Those days are on hold as we raise our small children and that's okay.  We realize what is at stake here.  We can't be too selfish, but at the same point, we need our space from our kids and each other every now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment