Friday, February 18, 2011

5 days in...

 We've been eating no flour and no sugar for 5 days and I'm really starting to get used to it.  We're eating lots of veggies, fruit, cheese, yogurt and of course meat.  My energy levels are up, and no afternoon lag has been present.  I've also noticed my moodiness has all but dissapeared.  If you know me in real life, than you know I'm an emotional roller coaster sometimes ;)  I'm also in the middle of my PMDD "bad spell" and haven't cried or flipped out on anyone this week, woot!  So, for me, this diet is kicking butt!  I've also lost 3lbs this week with only minimal working out, like going for a walk with the kids.  I plan to do my cardio (30 day shred) this afternoon after the kids wake up from nap.

As far as dessert, yesterday I purchased 3 bars of Lindt 85% dark chocolate for us to snack on after dinner, after Monday of course.  I found a recipe for grain/gluten free chocolate cake too, which The Hubbs is in love with.  I won't be going back to my old ways, so don't think we're going to binge on sugar come Monday.

1 comment: