Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Baby and toddler shoes

works for me wednesday at we are that family

Here I go.  I used to have dozens of pairs of shoes in my late teens and early twenties.  I worked at JCPenney through high school and always scored the $4 pair of shoes.  However, none of them were comfortable.  When I got pregnant with my daughter I decided to pair down (pun intended) and just get a few pairs of quality shoes.  I researched and researched and came up with Danskos for work and Chacos for play.  I have been in love with all the pairs over the years.  I have 2 pairs of flip flops and 1 pair of water sandals and I wear them all the time.  I barely wear socks or shoes all year round.  For the occasional "need real shoes" I put on my Danskos or Nike runners.  So, I've realized it's quality over quantity and that's usually the case for everything in life, right?

So now that I'm a mom I'm anal about the shoes I put on my kiddos feet.  The soles need to be very flexible, easy on and off and well made.  
I've come to love:
Robeez soft soles (or any maker of soft soled shoes)  I buy these gently used to save money

Now you may be thinking, sheesh she spends a lot of $$ on shoes.  Well, most times I don't.  I shop eBay, the forums I'm on, Craigslist and of course my wonderful friends.  Occasionally I can find a pair at local thrift store.   For example I went into Savvy Moms looking for PJs and I strolled by her shoe section and saw a pair of Stride Rite brown fisherman sandals in an 8W, my daughter's size.  They looked to have never been worn and were $5!  I also got 2 pairs of Vincent sandals for $30 shipped that were brand new from another member on my cloth diapering forum.  They retail for $48/each.

1 comment:

  1. My kids have the same shoes and they're on their third kid and still in great condition. Great find!

    ReplyDelete