Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June Food Stamp Challenge: Grocery shopping week 2

I headed to Freddy's again and came out of there for $70.74.  However I did buy 3 new toothbrushes and a new razor and a small bag of cat food.  I always buy our cat food at a local pet store, but our eldest cat has been having a hard time chewing (we think it hurts his teeth) so I bought a bag of Friskies and he's in love again :)

So, non-grocery items totaled $23.14 and our grocery bill = $47.60

Left for the month = $235.08

*I still need to buy our local milk.  My mom and I, plus, the kidlets of course, went out to the farm today and had a tour.  It was wonderful and we both learned a ton about conventional milk and their milk.  They aren't certified organic because of certain stipulations, and I'm glad they aren't.  I'm usually 100% PRO organic, but in this case it isn't worth it.  So, from what we learned about conventional milk (what The Hubbs and I drink), I think we'll be switching to our local dairy as well.  This will of course put a bit of a bind in the grocery budget, but I know I can do it :)

Here are a few interesting graphs about food stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment